Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bummed Out





Well, its all quiet in this house now. You wouldn't think that one less dog would make such a difference. I guess Bruno was the NOISY one.... now there's no one squeaking toys, grabbing Abbie by the neck for a wrestle, trying to hassle me into taking him out for a walk,  or pushing his head under my arm while I sit at the computer for an ear rub ( yes Vinnie is curled up on my lap but that goes without saying!) or just talking away at me for the sake of it.  Abbie is quietly lying behind me, Vinnie asleep on my lap, Riley curled up on his couch....we're all sad.
  Had beautiful flowers from our agility mates, the vets and from the girls at work. I made a card to go to the vets to thank them for their wonderful care of Bruno (he loved visiting them, got lots of attention from everyone) , &  cried the whole time while making it!!! 
  The picture of the two puppies fighting over a tug toy is Abbie & Bruno, about 11 years ago. Such cute babies. It was a handful or three!!!! having littermates....wouldn't do that again, as they needed alot of one-on-one training away from each other and guess who ended up doing all that! ME of course!   Bruno took a lot of work (cos most boys do!!) but we got so much fun out of going to training together.  He got his CD award which is a kennel club certificate for " Companion Dog" but Bruno did it with his typical style, throwing in some curlies for me. He liked to vary his work, giving me a down instead of a sit, rolling on his scent cloth instead of presenting it to me ( which he did during a public demonstration!!!) Abbie was the easy one...trained herself....

4 comments:

Trace said...

It's so cathartic spending time scrapbooking the ones that we've loved and lost. Love how he used to stick his nose under your arm, both our cat and dog do that - think the cat learnt it off the dog!

Viv said...

Trace, my cat tries to stick his paw in my mouth! He hooks one claw very gently into my lip to peel it back...cheeky little sod. Abbie & Vinnie both paw at me, Bruno was the only noser.

Tracy said...

How did I miss this post??? I was...are going to bake you a yummy chocolate cake (or something) once I get around to getting another set of scales!! doesnt help when I tried to cook the last ones!!

Viv said...

Tried to cook your scales? Tell me more!!! I think maybe we all need to feed Denise. She moaned that everyone left her the other day with nothing for lunch! Poor thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...