Thursday, September 23, 2010

Recycling time

Time to dig out your broken or junk jewellery and re-use it on a project. This is the challenge this week at Southern Girls.
 I went through a phase of making all my own earrings, bracelets, whatever and have a gazillion bits floating around.  I'm also shocking at losing or breaking one earring and I think someone would notice if I wore two noticeably  different earrings!!!!  So I found a good use for a lonely earring and hung it on my card for a bit of bling! I also added the butterfly charm to finish it off.

This image is Sitting Penny from Digital Delights who also happen to be one of the sponsors for this weeks challenge. Also sponsoring a prize is Embellish It , for NZ or Aussie entrants.
I've used Echo Park papers and painted the edges with weathered wood crackle paint. The flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts and the sentiment is from Catslife Press.
I'm entering this in Digital Tuesday- All about the girls and a digi stamp

Now pop on over to the challenge blog and see what my fab teamies have dreamed up!

7 comments:

cheryl said...

wow this is one awesome image hun and your detail is amazing hugs cheryl xxxx

Marlene said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the details you added, too.

Annika said...

OK, cute as a button - and what an ingenious way to use an odd earring!!! lol
Hugs
Annika

Saskia said...

So cute!!!! Beautiful card!!

Saskia :)

Maria Matter said...

adorable Viv!
Thank you for playing along @ Digital Tuesday this week!
Blessings!

Louise F NZ said...

I can't believe I haven't already commented on this!!!! What is my problem! Anyway this is just fantastic, I love the colours of the papers and your colouring in is just awesome as always.

Juls said...

fabulous card! and the earing makes a perfect charm! Hugs Juls

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...